Under-leaf spraying contraption for pest and whatever else.

 
 

I found a slight spider mite problem on my latest flowerings. I tried lady bugs which seemed to die just as fast as i put them in the room. I decided to spray (Don’t Bug Me) for the mites anyway. The tops of the leaves are very easy to spray, as we all know it’s the bottoms (undersides) of the leaves that give the most problem. Not any more. Here’s a little contraption i came up with that makes it simple.

(only registered users can se the link, login or register)(only registered users can se the link, login or register)(only registered users can se the link, login or register)

I kept the front cage off an old oscillating i trashed awhile back. Didn’t know what i needed it for but figured it would solve some type of problem later on, and boy was i right. The photos are pretty self-explanatory but for those who don’t get it simply cut a slit through the cage to allow you to slide past the stalk of the plant. I placed three equal lengths of chain equally spaced around the cage to take the guess-work out of hanging it level. In photo 3 i placed a towel on top of the pot to hold the soil in place and slid the cage over. Hold it all together and flip it upsidedown. The undersides of every leaf was as easy to spray as 1-2-3. Not sure when SM are the most active but decided to spray during the off cycle. The green lighting is just my work light during the off cycle.

Hope this technique make it easier for someone else as well.
Via (only registered users can se the link, login or register)

 
 

More from our blog

See all posts
 
 
No Comments